This Week from the Library
I’m still waiting for my Freegal account to reset for the week so I can download 20 more songs. Meanwhile, I paid $50 in library fines to the Nashville Public Library today, and picked up the next Dexter DVD and the following books:
- Maus: A Survivor’s Tale – Art Spiegelman. I’m about halfway through this right now, and it’s fantastic.
- The Neverending Story – Michael Ende, translated by Ralph Manheim
- Generation A – Douglas Coupland
- This Child Will Be Great: Memoir of a Remarkable Life by Africa’s First Woman President – Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
- Infections and Inequalities: The Modern Plagues – Paul Farmer
The links go to WorldCat.org for the feature that allows you to input your zip code and find out which libraries near you have copies. It’s not a perfect tool, often having multiple entries for a single title, making it difficult to tell if your library really doesn’t have a copy, or if the local copy is just listed under one of the other records you haven’t checked yet. However, it’s a starting place that doesn’t require me to know what specific library any given reader uses in order to help them each know if a copy is accessible.